Monday Night Ladies
League: Monday Night Ladies
Registration Now Open
New Teams & Players
Interested in curling at Huntington Hills? All new players and teams please fill in this form before registering and paying. This will allow the league to contact you and let you know if there is space or assist you in finding a team.
All returning teams and players please proceed to register and pay online.
September 4, 2020
FROM: Huntington Hills Curling Club and Community Association
RE: COVID Return to play protocols and procedures
NOTE: THIS DOCUMENT HAS BEEN AMENDED TO SPECIFICALLY REFLECT ITEMS APPLICABLE TO MONDAY NIGHT LADIES ONLY. THIS DOCUMENT WILL BE UPDATED BY BOTH MNL AND HH AS THINGS CHANGE AND PROGRESS.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT AND ESTABLISH YOUR NEW ROUTINES TO ENJOY YOUR 2020-2021 CURLING SEASON AND STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
All patrons who wish to enter the Huntington Hills Curling Club and Community Association during the pandemic understand the risk of Covid 19. You will enter the building at your own risk. Alberta Health Services (AHS) reserves the right to adjust/cancel rentals as needed.
Refund Policy – HH will refund fees on a pro-rated bases ONLY if AHS closes/shuts down our facility. Refunds will be Pro-rated on ice used. There will be NO other reason for refund.
DO NOT ENTER the building if you are ill or experiencing symptoms of Covid 19 or have been exposed to someone who has Covid 19 or someone in your household has travelled internationally in the past 14 days.
Physical Distancing must be practised and wash hands often.
Additional hand sanitizing units have been placed throughout the building and curling lounge area.
NOTE: No access to any other part of the Community Association. Please go directly to the Curling area.
PROCEDURAL OUTLINE FOR CURLERS:
Prior to Play
- A Covid waiver form is now available on the website. The signed release form is required to be returned prior to the first night of curling.
- Leave all valuables at home. Do not leave in your car as vehicle break ins are inevitable at recreation facilities.
Entry to Curling Club
- YOU MUST WEAR A MASK UPON ENTRY INTO THE BUILDING.
- Entry into the building MUST be through the front lobby doors at the main parking lot If you park out behind the building you must walk around to the front doors to enter the building. Note that you MUST exit out the back of the building only so this may affect where you decide to park.
- You are only allowed to arrive 15 minutes prior to your draw time. There will be NO ACCESS TO THE LOCKER ROOM OR THE LOUNGE BEFORE YOUR GAME. Arrive dressed and ready to play with only shoes needing to be changed.
- For the early draw, walk down the stairs from the front lobby and enter through the lounge, for the late draw, turn left and go to the away end of the ice area and enter through the Senior Pioneers end. The washrooms at this end will be open.
- Washrooms – there will be a maximum of 2 people at a time in the washrooms.
- In the winter, it would be recommended to bring a bag for boots/shoes so as not to drip snow, slush or gravel when transferring belongings onto the ice area.
- Leagues and their executive are responsible to inform all of their participants of the proper indoor traffic flows and protocols in place.
- Upon completion of your game you will exit into the lounge through either door behind sheet 1 or 8 at the home end of the ice area. (the normal way we enter the lounge after a game).
- REMEMBER ALL CURLERS – Take all of your belongings with you on to the ice and leave on the backboard area. You will only change your shoes either in the lounge or the away end Senior area before and after a game.
- Once ice is ready, teams enter the ice area from the doorway behind sheet 1 at the away end of the ice area.
- Teams will enter the ice according to what sheet they are playing on (starting with Sheet 8 then Sheet 7 and descending order after that).
- Please use alternative non-touch greetings to begin play.
- No Coin Toss: use alternative to determine hammer (i.e. rock, paper, scissors).
- There will be NO WATER jugs on ice – please bring your own water bottles.
- No spectators allowed behind the glass or on the ice.
- Curlers will be responsible to sanitize the two rocks they are using for the game - both before and after the game. Wipes will be made available on the ice area – between the sheets – for curlers to use to wipe handles of the two rocks they use. If you are throwing three rocks in the event you are curling with 3 players – then the curler will be responsible to clean three rocks handles before and after the game.
- There is only ONE (1) sweeper allowed on all delivered stones. You may not relay so that the second sweeper takes over half-way down the sheet.
- The non-delivering team MAY NOT sweep any rocks – including their own.
- There will be a designated marked area where the teammate not sweeping or delivering may stand.
- Only ONE member of the non-delivering team should be behind the back line.
- No team meetings behind the house on or off the ice.
- After delivering your rock you should move to the nearest unoccupied standing zone.
- This will allow the other player from the other team to move into position for the next shot. Players should touch only the rocks they are delivering. They should move other stones at the conclusion of an end with their broom or foot.
- Players should NOT clean the bottom of the rocks with their hands or gloves but rather use their broom to clean off a rock.
- If the measuring device is used, the person using it must wipe it down before putting it back.
- Teams will designate one 3rd to mark the score for both teams and at the end of the game this 3rd must wipe down the numbers and the board using the wipes provided.
- Early Draws: when finished, push the rocks (using the brush of your broom) to the corners at whichever end play was completed (i.e. do not push them to the home end if you finish at the away end).
- Late Draws: when finished, return rocks to the home end.
- After your game gather all of your belongings, put your mask one and exit the ice into the lounge from either door at the home end. Remember to exit promptly as we want to ensure changeover of draws is smooth and all cleaning that needs to be completed is done so efficiently. Remember – our ice staff look after the entire facility not just the curling ice area and as curlers we need to assist in whatever we can in order that all ice surfaces are prepped and ready for the next group.
- The winning skip must email the score of the game directly to email@example.com.
- You may remove your mask once at your table, after the game. You must put the mask back on to go to the bar to place an order, you must put your mask back on when leaving the lounge to go to the washrooms and you must put your mask back on when leaving the lounge and leaving the building.
- There will be a maximum of 4 people per table in the lounge and seniors room curling areas. Please do not move tables together – this is to adhere to social distancing guidelines – and only sit at a table that has been cleaned.
- Bar will be open as usual with limited seating and food service (after the game only) will be available; however, there will be no popcorn.
Exiting the Building
- All curlers with the exception of Senior Drop in and Thursday Ladies MUST leave through the back door by sheet 8 – behind the bar which exits to Center Street facing east. If you are parked out front you must walk around to the front lot, if you are parked out back then you would make a left turn to walk to the back parking lot via the stairs outside. NOTE: Senior Drop in and Thursday Am Ladies will exit through the main lobby through the side door just before the main office. You may not exit through the front sliding doors as they are deemed ENTRANCE DOORS only. THE FIRST WEEK OF CURLING THERE WILL BE A STAFF MEMBER there to assist with the flow of traffic and curlers.
- Registration is open online.
- Adult Learn To Curl, Corporate Rental, Ice Rental must abide by all above protocols
- Bonspiels: Mens Bonspiel (January), we will update Bonspiel protocol closer to the date.
LET’S DO OUR PART TO MAKE IT SAFE FOR EVERYONE.
Please print off the waiver form (on the website), read and sign. The office needs a hard copy for their records.
Junior Teams Entry Deal
- Any female Junior curling teams (U18 or U20) wanting to play in an adult league, can play at a reduced cost
- Cost is only $235 per curler
- Teams MUST register by first contacting Curling Coordinator Barb
Oct 5, 19, 26
Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Dec 7, 14
Jan 11, 18, 25
Feb 1, 8, 22
Mar 1, 8, 15, 22
Windup: Mar 22
Playoff: Mar 23 (2 sheets), Mar 25 (1 sheet)
No Curling: Oct 12 – Thanksgiving
No Curling: Feb 15 – Family Day Weekend
No Curling October 12
All 6:30 Draws
Sep. 28 Oct. 5 Oct. 19 Oct. 26 Nov. 2 Nov.9 Nov. 16
8 v 6 on 1 6 v 3 on 2 8 v 1 on 2 4 v 5 on 1 2 v 5 on 2 7 v 3 on 1 2 v 1 on 1
4 v 7 on 2 7 v 5 on 4 5 v 3 on 5 7 v 1 on 3 4 v 8 on 4 8 v 5 on 3 4 v 3 on 3
2 v 3 on 4 4 v 1 on 7 2 v 7 on 7 2 v 6 on 5 7 v 6 on 6 6 v 1 on 4 8 v 7 on 5
5 v 1 on 6 2 v 8 on 8 4 v 6 on 8 8 v 3 on 6 1 v 3 on 8 4 v 2 on 6 5 v 6 on 7
BYE = TIE
No Curling October 12
All 6:30 Draws
Sep.28 Oct.5 Oct.19 Oct.26 Nov. 2 Nov. 9 Nov. 16
1.1 8 v 5 on 3 2.1 9 v 7 on 1 3.1 1 v 5 on 1 4.1 9 v 5 on 2 5.1 6 v 8 on 1 6.1 6 v 4 on 2 7.1 8 v 7 on 2
1.2 6 v 9 on 5 2.2 1 v 6 on 3 3.2 7 v 4 on 3 4.2 1 v 7 on 4 5.2 3 v 2 on 3 6.2 3 v 5 on 5 7.2 3 v 4 on 4
1.3 2 v 4 on 7 2.3 2 v 8 on 5 3.3 6 v 2 on 4 4.3 6 v 3 on 7 5.3 1 v 9 on 5 6.3 9 v 8 on 7 7.3 1 v 2 on 6
1.4 1 v 3 on 8 2.4 5 v 4 on 6 3.4 3 v 9 on 6 4.4 8 v 4 on 8 5.4 7 v 5 on 7 6.4 2 v 7 on 8 7.4 6 v 5 on 8
1.5 Bye - 7 2.5 Bye -3 3.5 Bye - 8 4.5 Bye - 2 5.5 Bye -4 6.5 Bye - 1 7.5 Bye - 9
5.5 Bye - 4 6.5 Bye - 1 7.5 Bye - 9
- President: Jackie Gruber
- Treasurer: Marg Matthews
- Drawmaster: Marla Pearce
Bonspiels & Events
Ladies Bonspiel - November 1, 2, 3, - 2019 - Contact Michelle Webb 403-701-3099 to enter firstname.lastname@example.org $250 per team Deadline October 25 to register